Market Update: 2018- High Demand For Self Storage Properties
We anticipate the demand for self-storage properties to be robust throughout 2018. We believe class A properties through Class C properties in rural areas will attract buyer interest. Our experience shows buyers are looking for stable cash flows that were even recession proof.
The success of Self Storage facilities has become a favorite with Income Property investors and is viewed favorably along with multi-family. We are getting calls from investors nationwide looking for northwest properties. Increased population and heavy investment in apartment building throughout the northwest should bode well for self-storage operators.
Industry reports that are available to investors show the opportunity for further consolidation in the self-storage industry. This supports due diligence efforts from buyers looking to validate their investment decisions.
In summary for northwest self-storage owners for the remainder of 2017
- The Northwest is an attractive market for buyers of self-storage units
- Interest rates continue to be low (although rising) making financing more attractive
- Housing Trends are moving to smaller homes and more apartment building
- The industry is still consolidating
- Class A through Class C owners even in rural areas we see a good opportunity to have a liquidity event